Canada's special program for Ukrainians

Canada supports Ukraine and opens a new temporary program that will allow Ukrainians to stay in Canada during the war - CUAET.

How is this program different from applying for asylum?

Under the CUAET, you can choose whether you want to work or just stay in Canada as a visitor, and children will be able to study for free in Canadian schools. Unlike refugees, you can leave Canada and return as long as necessary.

The program provides not only the opportunity to be safe, but also to gain work experience (or education, for children) in Canada.

If you left Ukraine without a passport (or its validity has expired), you can apply with a national Ukrainian passport. The application is free of cost, you do not pay any government visa fees.

The whole world is with Ukraine and Ukrainians, and we believe that together we will win.